PestPatrol Will Detect and Remove Sony DRM "Spyware" (nFHQ)
“Computer Associates, maker of security software, has announced their anti-spyware program PestPatrol will detect and remove Sony's rootkit-enabled DRM software.
Reasons For Retention
• Installs without user permission, presenting only a vague and misleading EULA
• Changes system configuration without user permission at time of change.
• Defends against removal of, or changes to, its components
• Silently modifies other programs' information or website content as displayed.
• Includes mechanisms to thwart removal by security or anti-spyware products.
• Cannot be uninstalled by Windows Add/Remove Programs and no uninstaller is provided with application.”